Tuesday 31 October 2017

My Newest Coat - Thank you Harris Wilson

Fall Choices

My style is about making things last forever. When you're on a budget it can be daunting to spend $300.00 on a pair of boots or a coat. But such basics are the building blocks from which your look is crafted.
 - Nina Garcia 

A Closet Content Analysis: Coats

NEW




Photo Source: Lyst (Retrieved Oct. 31, 2017)
We were visiting the Arcachon Basin on the south-west coast of France at the end of September and stepped into a Harris Wilson store. I stepped out with a new coat that has been on my "list" for a long while. The knee length has always appealed to me because of my height. It's camel, single-breasted with a long collar to button opening that shows off a scarf well. The tailoring is impeccable - a traditional sleeve front and a raglan back, in keeping with men's tailoring. The Harris Wilson website did not illustrate the camel version when I visited. It's not exactly a winter coat by Canadian standards but it will do me well during a French winter and a Canadian fall and spring. 

The Harris Wilson boutique in Arcachon has a clean modern vibe that I enjoy browsing through. So much so that I buy things when I did not have any intent. 

When I returned to Canada at the end of October I left my new coat in France so that when I return in the spring I don't have to carry a heavier coat. I just might try to travel with a carry-on - maybe not.





4 comments:

  1. Relaxing in Kelowna1 November 2017 at 10:16

    The coat is lovely and suits you to a T. Sometimes one must simply follow ones heart. As a side note; having finished our trip with carry on alone, I found that even with that limited space, I packed too much. There were items of clothing that never saw the light of day. I will be doing it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you didn't wear would make a good post. Fall can be tricky - if the weather is warm you won't be wearing the heavier items you brought and if it's cold you might have to buy more things to keep you warm. Sounds like you hit a pretty good balance.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you treated yourself to something you've had on your "list" for quite awhile. This style seems perfect for you. That must have been hard to leave it in France and come back to Canada. At least you know it's there waiting for you when you return. 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I have prepared to go out, then stop and think, I could have worn my new coat today. Ah well, the positive is that since it will be a year old when I come back, I won't have to pay duty on it if I am over.

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.