Monday 14 December 2015

Flats vrs. Heels



Closet Content Analysis: Shoes in my Closet


Choices: Flats to High Heels

You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.
— Christian Dior

First off, M./Mr. Dior, let us remove the gender specific language. In fact, "too many (people) think. . . " that shoes are trivial . . . "but the real proof of an elegant (person) is what is on (his or her) feet." Bon! Yes, exactly. For me, relative to the female gender, I need heels to feel elegant. I was often asked at work, why I wore heels. My response simply was "because I can". Too many women, of a particular age, have foot problems and I don't. I have worn heels, wear heels, and will continue to wear heels as long as those tender tootsies of mine can handle it. 

When I was asked about how it was that I could wear such high heels at work, and I had the time to respond, I sometimes was impertinent . . . "Listen . . .  I have been an insulin-dependent diabetic for over 40 years, I have worn glasses since I was seven years old, I have worn hearing aids longer than I can consciously remember and my feet . . . well they are perfect! From the neck up I'm a wreck! Damn, I'm going to wear heels until . . .  until I can't and that hasn't happened yet!"


I can't concentrate in flats. 

— Victoria Beckham 

Nude Jimmy Choo Open Toe Heels purchased in 2011. Photo by JoyD.

From my posts you would think that the only pair of heels I own are my nude open toe Jimmy Choos. Yes, I do own others but these definitely are my favourites and they still are, even though I bought them in 2011.

My lifestyle has changed and so there are more flats in my life but I still love the heels!

Photo Source: JoyD on http://PhotoCollage.net
Disclaimer: The ballet flats in the upper left corner are not mine, nor are those my feet. Thanks to Aiden Joel from Calgary for the pic since I did not have a photo of the one and only pair of ballet flats that I own. All other shoes are mine (a small sample) and have been worn by me over the past ten years.

2 comments:

  1. I applaud you for choosing the perfect pair of heels (or flats) that will create your perfect look. Shoes "are" a key piece to any outfit and the right pair of shoes can make or break the look. You should be proud that you can comfortable wear these amazing Jimmy Choos. I bet there's lots of jealous people that wish they could "comfortably" and "stylishly" wear these heels.

    Thanks for sharing your love/passion for your favourite shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, lifestyle has been the motivation for change. I no longer wear "suits" to work and my casual lifestyle fits flats so much better. So my heels actually were my work shoes; now they are reserved for weekends and dinner parties.

      Thank you for being a regular visitor. As you will have noticed I now have a Featured Post - I'm going to try and change it daily. Not sure how long that will last but that is my intent.

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.