Sunday 15 April 2012

Differing Results Depending on Browser



NO THANKS!

Awhile back, a friend told me that she was not seeing on my blog what I was telling her that I was writing. When my friend came to visit me from Calgary, we sat side by side and went through the posts and pages in this blog. We compared Internet Explorer 8 on her laptop with Firefox on my Mac laptop. We were looking at the same post heading with different results. This is what we saw on the post . . . Wednesday, April 11, 2012 Minimalism in Fashion - the title and date were correct and showed the same - but the content was different. My friend's IE8 browser showed the scarves, shawls and pashminas post on the minimalism titled post. I went to my edit post option and I saw nothing that would indicate anything about scarves, shawls or pashminas. We tried refreshing, clicking from different sources, but nothing worked on her computer. Continuing our exploration, we clicked on my profile and then went back to the minimalism post and ended up seeing my profile on the April 11th post. Perplexing! 

The side panel with my followers list, and the blog archives were not visible when viewing the posts on IE8. Only when on About Closet Fashion Content Analysis did the side panel options with Followers and Archives appear.


As well, all my titles and formatting appear wonky on Internet Explorer 8.


Apparently there's nothing much I can do on my part except "work around the peculiarities", which I don't have a clue about. Please comment on what you see from other browsers and maybe from your advice,  I may be able to format so that there will be more consistency. I work on a Macintosh Pro Book if that makes any difference.

My Minimalism in Fashion post will be out of commission for awhile until I re-configure it. [. . . A few hours later . . . I did the best I could and I put it back up.] IE8 viewers, I look forward to reading about what you now see in the Minimalism in Fashion post.



Looking forward to gathering more information on this. 


May 4th, 2012 Update: I was perusing my blog and was annoyed to see the double spacing on my Appropriate Clothing for Work post on April 4, 2012. On my working screen when I look to see a preview there is no double spacing. There aren't any tools to even apply double-spacing on the working space. So how did that happen? Perplexed!



4 comments:

  1. Really don't know what you're talking about. The minimalism post shows up fine on IE8. At least now it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The minimalism post shows up fine on IE8." That was my intent so whatever happened when I re-wrote the post worked. Thanks for your feedback!

      Delete
  2. Using EI. Just finished trying to get on your travel post and got your profile instead. Went to home and got your spring jacket post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thanks for the feedback. When you went to "home" you should have gotten my latest post, "Business and Tourist Travel Wardrobes". Hmmms? I don't know what to say. Hopefully someone else using Internet Explorer can let us know what's happening on their side. I use Firefox and I know others who are using Chrome and are getting what I am intending. It seems the only inconsistencies I hear about are people using Internet Explorer. Sorry, I'm not of much help and I don't even know what to suggest??

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.